When you are operating industrial-scale tube filling machines for long production runs, your filling nozzles and other changeable parts will most likely be the equipment that is directly affected by wear and tear as well as the unique product characteristics that you are feeding through the nozzles.
There are a few filling concerns that packagers have on a regular basis, such as how the actual product can interact with the filling nozzles and affect their performance and longevity, such as:
· Foamy products that can generate foam when agitated. Agitation can be caused by the product moving through the filling machine and act to block up or damage the filling nozzles.
· High viscosity products that don’t flow as smoothly as products with a lower viscosity. Liquid products that have higher viscosity will tend to have more resistance to flow.
· Hot fill products with a viscosity that will change according to temperature. Molten products are solid or semi-solid when used, but will need to be held at a steady high temperature to maintain a liquid form as it goes through the filling machine, including the nozzles.
· Products containing particulates such as face scrubs and other cosmetic products will often contain particulates that are a major feature of the product. There is a risk that these particulates can clog up filling nozzles or cause damage due to the abrasive nature of the added particulates.
· Harsh chemical products affecting or reacting with the materials that filling machines and nozzles are constructed from. Products containing bleaching agents, acidic or astringent chemicals may affect the useful life of the filling machine and their change parts, such as the filling nozzles.
An important part of your tube filling machinery is the filling nozzle. If these nozzles are not performing properly, then the end product can be severely affected. If left unchecked sub-standard end products could be released to the market, eventually leading to a very costly product recall.
If you are performing a product filling run where you suspect that your filling nozzles could be damaged or severely negatively affected by the product, then you need to regularly check and test your nozzles to make sure that they are functioning properly and are not disrupting your production.
If you are booked for a production run using a product that is causing you some concern, then it makes sense to have plenty of spare filling nozzles and other change parts available to ensure you can quickly replace worn or damaged parts as and when needed.
When you buy your spare parts from MSD, we not only provide you with very speedy delivery of your essential change parts but we also keep plenty of filling nozzles in stock should you need replacement nozzles in an emergency.
MSD are here to help and support you with our tube filling machine spare parts and repairs, including:
· Closing Station repairs
· Code box exchange parts
· Coding station repairs
· Filling nozzle repairs and upgrading
· Folding station repairs
· Trim station regrinds
In the event of a filling machine breakdown, MSD may be able to offer you the use of an exchange unit to help keep your production levels up while your broken machinery is being assessed and repaired.
While we highly recommend that you keep plenty of spare filler nozzles handy, do not hesitate to contact us should you need a speedy delivery of nozzles or any change parts that you need to help keep your downtime to a minimum.
We can also assess your filling nozzles to see if we can repair them for you.